Tax is constantly changing due to new regulations, digitalization and a rapidly evolving global economy. Ever-changing legislation and complex tax issues can pose numerous challenges for businesses and individuals alike.
Good tax planning, assessment of different options and preparing for future scenarios enable businesses to operate and grow. We at Merilampi help find solutions to tax, private wealth and inheritance law issues that best promote and support our clients’’ businesses and their different life situations.
Our team has more than two decades of experience and diverse expertise in different areas of tax law. We specialize in providing tax advice to businesses, their owners and executive management. We advise both domestic and international clients on tax law matters such as tax planning, corporate structuring, incentive schemes, tax litigation and changes of generations.
Private Wealth and Inheritance Law
We have assisted in dozens of domestic and international wealth and inheritance law matters. They have related to e.g. domestic and international wealth planning, asset arrangement, settlement and distribution or transfer from one person to another. We have prepared numerous wills, powers of attorney regarding guardianship and deeds of gift, as well as assisted in liquidations and distributions of estates. We assist individuals, families, family offices, as well as estates and their shareholders in wealth matters regarding tax and inheritance law.
We offer a wide range of tax and inheritance law services to companies, associations, foundations, and individuals. Our services cover a wide range of legal issues related to taxation in the fields of domestic and international corporate, personal, and indirect taxation. We assist our clients in areas such as:
- Tax planning and consulting
- International tax issues
- Corporate structuring
- M&A, including due diligence processes
- Structuring of assets and intellectual property rights
- Transfer pricing
- Managing companies’ and groups’ tax matters
- Tax litigation and assistance in dealing with tax authorities
- Ownership changes including changes of generations
- Tax-efficient reward practices
- Assistance with tax audits
- Issues related to working abroad
- Private persons’ tax matters
- Wealth planning as well as inheritance matters
- Wills, powers of attorney regarding guardianship, estate administrations, estate distributions
- Preparation of tax returns