Companies are required to ensure that all of their business activities comply with antitrust laws. We help our clients to assess impact of antitrust legislation on their businesses.
Antitrust authorities continue to crack down on cartels. Companies can greatly mitigate their cartel risks by using expertise in this area. We advise our clients in avoiding cartel risks and in cartel litigations.
Antitrust authorities are also increasingly focusing their enforcement activities on vertical agreements between non-competitors, for example distribution and licensing agreements. We have unrivalled expertise when it comes to the antitrust law aspects of vertical agreements, including e-commerce.
Companies in a dominant market position must take the requirements of antitrust legislation into account in all their activities. We assist companies in a dominant market position and their clients in planning their activities. We represent our clients in all procedures before the competition authorities and the courts.
The antitrust team at Merilampi is renowned for its practical approach and procedural expertise. We represent our clients in significant and high-profile antitrust cases.
Our lawyers were involved in the drafting of Finnish competition legislation and have spoken at various seminars on antitrust matters. They have also published numerous articles and books on competition law.
A thorough understanding of economics is increasingly sought after in competition law related matters. We cooperate closely with leading economists in Finland and Northern Europe.
- Cartel investigations and leniency applications
- Drafting compliance programs
- Horizontal agreements and other agreements of co-operation between competitors
- Cases involving abuse of a dominant position
- Distribution systems and licensing agreements
- R&D activities and strategic alliances
- Antitrust tort litigation and other antitrust litigation
Meet the team
- The Supreme Administrative Court of Finland increased the fines imposed on several companies in the so-called Bus cartel -case
- Merilampi represented local dairies in the Valio predatory pricing case
- Merilampi represented Skanska Asfaltti at the Helsinki Court of Appeal in the asphalt cartel damage trials
- Merilampi represented Koivunen Oy in the spare car parts cartel follow-on damages trial
- Main hearing ends in the asphalt cartel damages cases pending in the Court of Appeal
- Merilampi represents local dairies in the Valio abuse of a dominant market position case
- Merilampi represents Koivunen Oy in the spare car parts cartel follow-on damages trial
- Merilampi successfully represented Skanska Asfaltti in the Asphalt Cartel follow-on damages trial