Veli Siitonen is specialised in company and securities law as well as in assignments relating to capital markets.
He has in-depth knowledge and experience in listed companies’ corporate law related assignments. For example, he has participated in preparation of general meetings in numerous listed companies and assisted them in corporate governance assignments. In addition, he assists our clients in mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions as well as in matters related to finance.
Veli’s Master of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration (Accounting and Finance) helps him to understand the client’s business and provide solutions that are business-oriented.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Turku, 2007
- B.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.), Turku School of Economics, 2011
- M.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.), Turku School of Economics, 2012
- Attorney-at-Law, 2015
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd., Specialist Counsel 2018 –, Senior Associate 2015 – 2017, Associate 2011 – 2015
- Inventive Finland Ltd., Lawyer 2010 – 2011
- Konecranes Plc., Legal Trainee 2008 – 2009
- Merima Ltd., Legal Trainee 2006 – 2008
- Assisted Nordea in the cross-border merger of Nordea Bank AB (publ) and its subsidiary bank, Nordea Bank Finland Plc. The merger process was one of the largest cross-border mergers involving banking companies in Europe.
- Assisted several listed companies on the implementation of EU Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) regarding insider issues and disclosure obligations.
- Assisted Suominen Corporation in issuance of a EUR 75 million bond and its listing in Helsinki Stock Exchange as well as in drafting a prospectus required for the listing.
- Assisted a Finnish listed company in mergers carried out in connection with share transactions, in thereto related issuance of new shares and listing on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, as well as in drafting listing prospectuses.
- Assisted a Finnish listed service company in merging its business practicing subsidiary companies to its parent company.
- Assisted a listed company in redemption of minority shares and thereto related arbitration process.
- Assisted mutual pension insurance company Etera in selling EY Finland head office for a sale price of approximately EUR 93.3 million.
- Assisted a Swedish investment company Nordstjernan Investment AB in carrying out a corporate acquisition in Finland in which it bought share-majority in Bygghemma group, a leading online retailer of building and furnishing material in Scandinavia.
- Assisted mutual pension insurance company Etera in purchasing MotorCenter Espoonlahti office building from YIT Corporation.
- Assisted Uponor Corporation in a merger process and in forming a joint venture with KWH Group. The transaction was worth EUR 200 million.
- Assisting annually 10–15 listed companies in preparations for General Meetings. Assisting listed companies in various company law assignments and in corporate governance related questions.