Mikko Laitinen specialises in extensive assignments that require cross-border expertise in multiple fields of law.
Mikko continuously assists clients in major domestic and international mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions. At the same time, Mikko is an expert in matters concerning dispute resolution and damages claims and has years of experience in, for example, large damages cases in competition law (asphalt cartel, spare car parts cartel, predatory pricing in the Finnish milk industry), cases concerning consumer service agreements (especially within the aviation industry) and the preliminary reference procedure of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Mikko also has extensive experience in questions related to corporate law regarding listed and other companies concerning, for example, liquidation proceedings, and he has also participated in the preparations of over 30 general meetings of listed companies and acted as a secretary in many such meetings of shareholders.
- Exchange student, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany, 2008
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Helsinki, 2010
- Attorney-at-Law, 2014
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd., Specialist Counsel 2019 –, Senior Associate 2014 – 2019, Associate 2011 – 2014, Trainee 2010
- Veikko Palotie & Co Attorneys at Law Ltd., Information Specialist 2009 – 2010
- Roschier, Attorneys Ltd., Associate Trainee 2009
- Castrén & Snellman Attorneys Ltd., Trainee 2005 – 2007
- The Finnish Bar Association
- Finnish Sports Law Association
- Assisted Skanska Asfaltti Oy in the Asphalt Cartel trial related to claims for damages in the Helsinki District Court and the Court of Appeal of Helsinki.
- Assisted Skanska Asfaltti Oy in the trial related to the Act on the Openness of Government Activities in the Helsinki Administrative Court and Supreme Administrative Court.
- Assisted Koivunen Oy in the cartel trial concerning claims for damages based on the spare car parts cartel in the Helsinki District court and the Court of Appeal of Helsinki.
- Assisted a Finnish listed company in the Supreme Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union with regard to the EU regulation on passenger rights.
- Assisted several dairies in a Market Court proceeding against Valio Oy related to predatory pricing.
- Assisted the dairies in the follow-on damages litigation against Valio before the Helsinki District Court.
- Participated in the preparations of several shareholders’ meetings of listed companies and acted as a secretary in many shareholders’ meetings.