Tommi Elo focuses on banking and finance, real estate and securities transactions as well as mergers and acquisitions. He has been involved in numerous domestic and cross-border financing, real estate, M&A and capital markets transactions. Additionally, Tommi is experienced in insider issues and various licencing and other regulatory processes related to financial markets.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Lapland, 2001
- Attorney-at-Law, 2009
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd., Partner 2011 –, Specialist Counsel 2010, Senior Associate 2009, Associate 2006 – 2009
- Kaupthing Bank PLC, 2001 – 2006
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2019): “Tommi Elo is “very responsive, flexible and commercially minded“, according to clients”.
- Legal 500 EMEA (2019): Tommi Elo recommended in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets.
- Chambers Europe and Global, Banking & Finance (2018): “Sources praise the department’s “high level of expertise” as well as its lawyers’ “dedication and commitment.” Another client commends the department’s responsiveness, saying: “The lawyers provide high-quality service in a timely manner.””
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2018): “Interviewees are impressed with his “very good service level” and also highlight his “problem-solving and practical” approach.”
- Legal 500 EMEA (2018): Tommi Elo recommended in Banking and Finance and Real Estate and Construction.
- Chambers Europe and Global, Banking & Finance (2017): “The lawyers’ promptness and client service is praised by clients: “The team is easy to work with and gets things done within the agreed timetable.“”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2017): Tommi Elo “notable practitioner”
- Chambers Europe and Global, Banking & Finance (2016): “The team was responsive, helpful and user-friendly, helping the transaction to move forward smoothly.”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2016): “Tommi Elo receives praise from clients: “He has a fluency with cases and can identify the main items.””
- Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance (2015): “The lawyers are excellent advisers who I am very happy to work with.”
- Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance (2014): “Tommi Elo is this firm’s most recognised individual for banking and finance work, advising on a range of cases. He also has significant knowledge of regulatory matters. “I was happy with the lawyers’ work – they were extremely flexible in working to what was quite a tight time schedule.””
- Best Lawyers listed lawyer in Banking and Finance Law