Jani Ylä-Autio has extensive experience in various corporate and real estate assignments. Jani, who is widely respected in the industry and among clients, has participated in over a hundred significant domestic and international corporate and real estate transactions. Jani is also the Chairman of the Board at Merilampi Attorneys.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Helsinki, 1997
- Trained at the Bench, 2000
- Attorney-at-Law, 2001
- Merilampi Attorneys Ltd., Chairman of the Board 2015 –, Managing Partner 2009 – 2015, Partner 2005 –
- Roschier Holmberg Attorneys Ltd., Senior Associate 2000 – 2005
- Nokia Oyj, Visiting Lawyer 2002
- District Court of Raasepori, Judge Trainee 1999 – 2000
- Merilampi Marttila Laitasalo Attorneys at Law Ltd., Associate 1997 – 1999
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2019): “Jani Ylä-Autio is a highly experienced real estate lawyer particularly active in complex and large-scale transactions. One source lauds him for being “skilled and very hard-working”, as well as “pragmatic and solution-oriented“.”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2018): “Acclaimed as an “excellent transaction lawyer,” Jani Ylä-Autio represents real estate funds, investors and construction companies in domestic and cross-border sales and acquisitions. Clients extol his “very efficient, goal-oriented and constructive approach”.“
- Chambers Europe and Global, Corporate/M&A (2018): “Jani Ylä-Autio is highly experienced in all aspects of corporate and M&A work, and additionally advises on real estate mandates.”
- Legal 500 EMEA (2018): Recommended in Real Estate and Construction and Commercial, Corporate and M&A.
- Chambers Europe and Global, Corporate/M&A (2017): “Jani Ylä-Autio is “experienced, with the ability to give client advice immediately and a good understanding of what is important.” He offers strong experience on both local and cross-border corporate and real estate transactions.”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2017): “The esteemed Jani Ylä-Autio is heralded by one client as “the best negotiator in Finland.” He is substantially experienced in a wide range of domestic and international real estate transactions. A source adds that “he is also good in constructive argumentation and can adjust his style according to demand.“
- Legal 500 EMEA, Real Estate and Construction (2017): “Jani Ylä-Autio is “dynamic and has an exceptional ability to focus on the essential“.”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2016): “Jani Ylä-Autio is respected for his work on the transactional side of real estate. He is described as having “extraordinary skills, commercial and legal – the perfect lawyer“, and another interviewee says: “He’s a perfect example of a pragmatic lawyer.” Another source adds: “Jani is the best negotiator in the industry.“”
- Chambers Europe, Corporate/M&A (2016): “Jani Ylä-Autio is noted for his transactional experience, especially in connection with the real estate sector.”
- Legal 500 EMEA, Real Estate and Construction (2016): “Jani Ylä-Autio is noted for his “broad industry knowledge“.”
- Chambers Europe, Real Estate (2015): “Jani Ylä-Autio attracts outstanding praise from interviewees: “He is the benchmark that other lawyers measure themselves against. He understands the business, the legislation and what clients want.“”
- Chambers Europe, Corporate/M&A (2015): “Clients agree he is a “great project leader; he stands out for his outstanding efficiency“.”
- Best Lawyers listed lawyer in Real Estate Law.